Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something old school...

Phew, what a week. Two trips to emergency...one with JR and his pussy eye and the other with Ma after a car accident! It feels like a long, long time since my last post on Tuesday.

This weekend has been a good though. Sex and the City fundraiser movie night on Friday with the girls. Saturday we saw Animal Kingdom, which is fantastic. Today we saw the Bell production of King Lear. I enjoyed it, but I did spend most of the time trying to figure out who was who, what was going on and trying to understand the old English!!

I also managed to fit in a bit of baking today. Donna Hay must have read my mind. I was thinking in the week that wanted to make a classic sort of slice. I was thinking something coconutty and jamish. I opened this months issue of Donna Hay and there it was....Coconut Jam slice. I decided to make it for Brown Owls tomorrow night. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. I think the coconut topping needed a bit more egg white than was suggested in the recipe....still tastes ok though!






No comments:

Post a Comment